Treatment of Injuries and Illnesses
Atlanta Occupational Medicine (AOM) offers prompt evaluation and treatment of an entire range of work-related injuries and illnesses. Any employee with an acute injury will be seen immediately upon entering our clinic. AOM is a sister company to the Family Practice Center, P.C. which provides evaluation and treatment for non-job related health issues.
AOM is interested in the employee’s work history, reliability on the job, history of previous injuries, and in returning the employee to work as soon as they are able.
Our physicians have an ongoing relationship with the employer. The employer is contacted after the initial visit regarding the nature of the employee’s injury or illness, the ability to perform light duty or regular work, the duration
of absenteeism from work, and plans of treatment and follow-up visits.
Specializing in the treatment of individuals who have sustained work related injuries; Atlanta Occupational Medicine has a state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility. We dispense medications and splints at the time of visit, offer a suite for laceration repairs, and a minor surgery unit.
- As an additional support service to employers and employees, Dr. Wheeler is available to consult on individual or group concerns associated with occupational health and safety.
Comprehensive Drug Screenings
Atlanta Occupational Medicine is qualified to perform Comprehensive Drug Screenings.
Our services include:
- On-site certified Medical Review Officer
- Specimen collection
- Observed screenings
- Confidential fax machine
Other prevention programs available are:
Atlanta Occupational Medicine can also conduct services such as:
- Blood Pressure and Diabetes checks
- Influenza Shots
- Random Drug Screenings - DOT
- Breathing Function Tests
- Comprehensive Blood work
Atlanta Occupational Medicine (AOM) is qualified to perform an array of Occupational Medicine needs including: Pre-employment and Exit Screenings, Annual/Periodic Physicals, D.O.T and Back-to-Work Evaluations, and Hazardous Material Exposure Testing.
Our Examination Services Include:
- Comprehensive History and Physical
- X-Ray Facilities
- On-Site Laboratory
- Hearing and Vision Testing
- Complete Minor Surgery Unit
- Lung Function Testing
- N.I.D.A. Drug Screening
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) Services
- Medication and Orthopedic Appliances dispensed at time of visit
- Personal Risk Factor Assessment and Management
- Extensive Referral Service
- Psychological Testing and Evaluation
- Flu Shots
- Flexible Sigmoid for Colon Cancer Screening
Download Our Company Information Form